COVID in the Workplace: Sanitizing Time Clocks
If there is one thing that the COVID-19 pandemic taught businesses it's that having a plan for high-touch surfaces is crucial for employee safety. We’ve all learned to take extra care disinfecting door handles and countertops in high-traffic areas, but what about how to clean the company time clock?
Sanitation in the Workplace
Time clocks can be a significant business investment, and their proper cleaning and care ensure employee safety and the clocks’ longevity.
As a general guideline for cleaning time clocks, use a soft, lint-free cloth and apply manufacturer-recommended cleaning solutions to the cloth instead of directly to the time clock or scanners.
How to Clean UKG Time Clocks
The correct cleaning method depends on your time clock and we recommend consulting the manufacturer for specific guidance.
Popular UKG time clock models include:
- Kronos InTouch 9000 and 9100 Time Cocks and Biometric Scanners
- Kronos InTouch DX Time Clocks and Biometric Scanners
Other common brand time clock models include:
Alternatives to Time Clocks
Another step that businesses can take to ensure employee safety is moving to contactless clocking options.
These alternatives avoid the traffic jam at the time clock, keep employees a safe distance apart, and don’t create high-touch surfaces. With paperless and touchless time and labor management solutions, like those available from PayNW, businesses can replace classic time clocks with tools such as:
Mobile App for Time and Labor
- Employees log in to a mobile app on their personal device
- Punches in and out are recorded just like a traditional time clock
- Clock-in locations can be geofenced based on mobile device location
- Unique cards are issued to employees
- Cards are read by the time clock
- No need for employees to physically contact the time clock surface
Biometric Time Clocks
- Keeps employees safe and follows post-COVID protocols around high-touch surfaces
- Eliminate buddy punching with 3D facial recognition
- Sends data directly to your workforce management system
To get started with paperless time and labor solutions, or to see how PayNW is already helping countless operations teams and staff create a safer work environment with time and labor, contact us today.